Please note this policy addresses information we collect from you through our website and does not apply to information collected through Tuesday's Child retail stores or other offline means.
We are always ready to address your questions and concerns regarding this policy and our privacy practices. If you would like to speak to a Customer Service representative, please contact us through one of the following methods:
By E-mail: Info@TuesdaysChild.com
By Telephone: 718-252-8874
By Mail: Tuesday's Child Boutique, Inc.
2771 Nostrand Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210
We continually strive to find new ways to enhance your TuesdaysChild.com shopping experience and we may modify this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices. You are encouraged to review this policy periodically and to check the "last updated" date at the top of the policy for the most recent version.
what information does Tuesday's Child collect ?
- When you make a purchase at our website, we collect your full name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, e-mail address and payment information (including credit card number or gift card number).
- When you create an account at our website, we collect your full name, e-mail address and password.
- When you choose to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, we collect your full name, e-mail address, zip code and gender. We may also collect your birthday (month/day) and your local Tuesday's Child retail store, if you choose to supply us with such information.
- From your transactions and other interactions with us, we collect information concerning the specific products or services you purchase or use.
- When you send a gift to another person we collect that person's full name and shipping address.
- When you ask us a question, we collect your name, e-mail address or other contact information
- We may collect certain demographic information (such as gender or age) and information about your interests and preferences if you provide them to us.
- When you request a mail order catalog we collect your full name and mailing address.
- When you subscribe for e-mail updates or offers, we collect your e-mail address.
- We collect information you voluntarily submit when participating in one of our various services, programs or surveys. - We may also receive information about you from other companies which help us to customize our services.
how does Tuesday's Child use the information collected?
- to complete your purchase transactions and provide the services you request;
- to send you catalogs and other offerings through the e-mail and direct mail;
- to contact you about the status of your orders;
- to identify your product and service preferences, so that you can be informed of new or additional products, services, and promotions offered by the Tuesday's Child family of affiliated companies and other marketing partners that might be of interest to you; and
- to improve our website, merchandise selection, customer service, and overall customer shopping experience.
what information does Tuesday's Child share with others?
- Tuesday's Child: We may share collected information within the Tuesday's Child family of affiliated companies (including, without limitation, Tuesday's Too and FourInHand.com).
- Co-Marketing Partners: Tuesday's Child may team with another company to conduct a sweepstakes, promotional campaign or other event (e.g., a jointly sponsored shopping event). In those cases, each of the participating co-marketing partners may receive information about you from us. Such information will be shared on an aggregated basis, unless otherwise indicated at the point where you submit your personal information.
- Legal Disclosures: In the highly unlikely event Tuesday's Child is required to disclose customer information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws, Tuesday's Child will make such disclosure.
- Sale of Business: In the event the ownership of all or a part of a business within the Tuesday's Child family of affiliated companies were to change, customer information pertinent to that business' operations would likely be transferred to, or licensed for use by, the new owner. - Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing payments, maintaining the website and our mailing lists, storing, processing and transmitting data, creating and executing e-mail campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics and data analysis. We may provide your information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are prohibited from using personal information for any other purpose and are contractually required to comply with all applicable laws, which may include Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards if they are processing payments for Tuesday's Child.
how can I view, update or remove my information?
If you have registered for an account or made a purchase, you may view and update your account information by logging into the "Online Account" section of the website with your e-mail address and password. Once logged in, you can view or update your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. You can also call, write or e-mail a Customer Service representative to access or update any of this information.
what choices do I have about receiving communications from Tuesday's Child?
To receive promotional e-mail offers from the Tuesday's Child family of affiliated companies notifying you of special deals, web-only offers and product previews, you can sign up on our website or by contacting a Customer Service representative. If you register for a website account or make a purchase, you will automatically receive promotional e-mails from the Tuesday's Child family of affiliated companies, unless you opt-out from receiving promotional e-mails. To remove yourself from our e-mail list, you can: click the unsubscribe link in any of our promotional e-mails you receive; change your e-mail preferences by logging into the "Online Account" section of the website; or contact a Customer Service representative.
Our customers receive standard order status communications, such as order confirmation and shipping dates, via e-mail. Please note that your choice to opt-out of promotional e-mails will not affect e-mail notifications regarding your order with us.
what about security?
Protecting the security of your information is very important to us. When you transmit sensitive personal information (such as credit card information) from your computer to our servers, your information is protected by both a "firewall" (a combination of computer hardware and software that helps keep unauthorized visitors from accessing information within our computer network) and industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable precautions to secure and protect the information on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online. However, we strive to protect your information and privacy.
Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open and are deleted once your browser session ends. We use session cookies to complete your purchase transaction. On the other hand, persistent cookies remain on your hard drive after your browser session ends. We use persistent cookies to improve your overall website experience.
The cookies set by Tuesday's Child transmit information back to our computers and are the only computers which are authorized to read such information. The information captured makes it possible for us: (i) to speed navigation, keep track of items in your shopping cart, and provide you with custom tailored content; (ii) to remember information you gave to us so you don't have to reenter it each time you visit the website; (iii) to monitor the effectiveness of some of our marketing e-mail campaigns and advertising; and (iv) to monitor total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of visitors served.
Most people do not even know that cookies are being placed on their computers when they visit our website or most other websites because web browsers are typically set to automatically accept cookies. You can choose to have your browser warn you every time a cookie is being sent to you or you can turn off cookie acceptance altogether. You will still be able to browse our website and make purchases, but you will not be able to retrieve your saved account information without cookies. Moreover, by not allowing cookies, your overall Internet browsing experience could be adversely affected.
We also use technology to capture each online transaction in a file, which we mainly use for customer service purposes. These files are deleted from our servers on a regular basis.
what is Tuesday's Child's policy regarding children?
Our website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. Tuesday's Child does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.
The testimonials section of the Tuesday's Child website is for the purpose of sharing positive experiences. The testimonials section is moderated to ensure accurate and positive testimonials. Published testimonials are genuine and are not edited or altered by Tuesday's Child other than for clarity of Obvious Typos. Tuesday's Child reserves the right to post or remove any testimonial at its discretion. By posting your comment(s) or testimonial(s) ("Testimonial") on our website, you give us permission to reprint or use the Testimonial in connection with our business. You also are agreeing to the following: (1) The reprint or use of the Testimonial will be at our discretion and without compensation; (2) We may use the Testimonial with or without any pseudo (pen) name credit; (3) Our right to use the Testimonial is perpetual and may be assigned by us; (4) We may use the Testimonial locally, nationally or globally and such use may be made in any media, information or communication platform (including Internet advertising) currently in use or later developed; and (5) You and not someone else composed and posted the Testimonial.